Located in the eastern Himalayas, Sikkim is a Himalayan state in India embraced by Mt. Khangchendzonga, whose views stop you in your tracks as you wonder at its magnificence. The variation in altitude is also fascinating, as it ranges from 920 feet in the south at the West Bengal border to 28,169 feet in the northern peaks near Nepal and Tibet.
Views of snow-capped Himalayan peaks, rhododendron groves, pristine lakes, monasteries, sleepy villages and the chance of spotting rare Himalayan wildlife, these are some of the experiences in store for you during a Sikkim trekking tour. You will come across the most scenic landscapes you didn’t believe exist and have experiences whose memories will stay with you for a long time to come.
When it comes to the best trekking places in Sikkim, mention should first be made of peak trekking, since there are so many mountain peaks in Sikkim Himalayas which lend themselves to this adventure sport. Some of the popular Himalayan trekking peaks in Sikkim are Frey’s Peak (at 5,830 meters approx), Lama Wangden (5,868 meters approx.) and Brumkhangse (at 5,635 meters).
Climbing Frey’s Peak takes you across forests of magnolia and rhododendron, while treating you to spectacular views of Himalayan peaks like Koktang, Pandim, Kabru & Rathong. Amateur trekkers can take the Lama Wangden Trek, one of the easiest trekking peaks. Brumkhangse trekking peak is famous as it lets trekkers enjoy the beauty of Brumakhangse Valley.
A good thing about trekking in Sikkim is that there are various treks for different levels of trekkers, from amateur to advanced. For example, amateur trekkers can try the Sikkim Darjeeling Trek and Yuksom-Dongri-Goecha La Trek. The altitude in all these treks varies from 2,000 meters to 4,900 meters.
Moderate level trekkers can try the Singalila Ridge, Green Lake and Goecha La Treks, where the altitude varies from 2,500 meters to 4,800 meters. Advanced level trekkers should take the Sikkim Kanchenjunga and Kanchenjunga Base Camp Trek, with both having altitudes from 3,500 meters to 5,000 meters. This trek offers you spellbinding views of Mt. Khangchendzonga and several Himalayan Mountain peaks like Koktang, Frey, Kabru and Chandra.
Some of the Best Trekking Routes/Tours in Sikkim, Himalaya
- Dzongri Trek
- Goecha La Trek
- Kanchenjunga Base Camp Trek
A 6 Nights and 7 Days trek, Dzongri Lake Trek is fondly called “Walking in Paradise”, because the trekking route covers the most scenic landscapes. Some of the attractions covered by this trek are Yuksom, Dzongri Viewpoint, Tshoka and Laxmi Pokhari.
Goecha La Trek
Goecha La Trek is a high-altitude trek that takes you past 15,000 feet, thus making it a difficult level trek. During the trek, you can enjoy the views of 14 snow-capped peaks, including Mt. Khangchendzonga.
Kanchenjunga Base Camp Trek
The Kanchenjunga Base Camp Trek is done at an altitude of almost 17,060 feet, consisting of 10 Nights & 11 Days. During the trek, you can enjoy the views of Himalayan peaks from Koktang to Frey’s Peak, trek to the 3rd highest mountain – Kanchenjunga and observe the lifestyle in the remote villages.
Best Time for Trekking in Sikkim
There are two seasons best suited for planning a trekking tour in Sikkim. One is from April to June, which is the summer season, and the other is from October to March, which is the winter season.
During the monsoon season, which starts from July and lasts till September, landslides leading to blocked roads are a common occurrence, and it is not advisable to go trekking this time of the year.
Some of the best summer treks are Dzongri Trek, Green Lake Trek, Goecha La Trek and Tholung Trek. Winter treks which are famous are Tosar Lake Trek, Singalila Uttarey Trek and Versay Trek.
Book Your Sikkim Trekking Tour with Bon Travel India
Plan your trekking tour to Sikkim with Bon Travel India, which covers the popular trekking destinations in Sikkim and is suitable for all types of trekkers, from amateur to advanced. Our trekking tours cover the most famous treks in Sikkim while organising it in the most efficient, smooth and hassle-free manner.
Our Sikkim trekking tour packages have been designed by trekking experts with first-hand experience in hiking & trekking. During the course of your trekking tour in Sikkim, we will strive to provide you the most comfortable accommodation, hot food, and other requirements to ensure that your trekking experience is a memorable one. You can also avail great deals and discounts while booking your Sikkim trekking tour with us.
Get Best Deals on Sikkim Trekking Tour Packages & Save Upto 40% on Booking with Bon Travel India.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ)
What is the best time to visit Sikkim for a trekking adventure?
Is trekking in Sikkim safe for solo travelers?
Is any kind of permit required for trekking in Sikkim?
Like & follow us on our following official social media channels
Tour Packages by Interest – Adventure Packages | Wildlife Packages | Pilgrimage Packages | Heritage Packages | Hill Station Packages | Weekend Packages | Honeymoon Packages | Beach Packages | Chardham Packages | Trekking Packages
Other Informative Trekking Travel Blogs to Read
- Best Trekking Places in India
- Best Trekking Destinations in Uttarakhand
- Best Trekking Destinations in Himachal
Other Informative Blogs to Read
- 5 Top Adventure Tourism Sports in India That Should Be on Your List
- Best Places to Visit in North East India
- Heritage Tourism in India
- Best Places to Visit in India
- Best Places to Explore in Himachal
- Best Weekend Destinations from Delhi
- Popular Pilgrimage Tourist Destinations in India
- Best Places to Visit in Haridwar
- Best Places to Visit in Jammu & Kashmir
- Uttarkashi Tourism: Best Places to Visit in Uttarkashi
- Harsil Tourism: Best Places to Explore & Top Things to Do
- Best Honeymoon Destinations in India
- Best Deals & Discounts on Popular Weekend Tour Packages
- Must Visit Beaches in India
- Gujarat Launches Intrastate Flight Service from Surat
- Best Places to Visit in Madhya Pradesh
- Top 10-Weekend Destinations in Himachal Pradesh
Char Dham Yatra Related Blogs
- Shri Badrinath Temple Opening Date
- Chardham Yatra Opening Dates
- Chardham Yatra Uttarakhand Himalayas
- Shri Kedarnath Dham Temple Information
- Shri Badrinath Dham Temple Information
- Shri Gangotri Dham Temple Information
- Shri Yamunotri Dham Temple Information
- Best Places to Visit in Chopta Tungnath
- Shri Hemkund Sahib Yatra Travel Guide
- Rudranath Temple Travel Guide
- Chardham Yatra by Helicopter
Summer Travel Related Blogs to Read
- Best Summer Hill Stations in India
- Top National Parks to Visit in Summers in India
- Best Treks to Do in Uttarakhand in Summer
Winter Travel Related Blogs to Read
Wildlife Travel Blogs to Read
- Wildlife Tourism in India
- Ranthambore Jungle Safari
- Jim Corbett National Park Uttarakhand
- Ranthambore National Park Rajasthan
- Panna National Park Madhya Pradesh
- Kaziranga National Park Assam
- Bandhavgarh National Park Madhya Pradesh
- Kanha National Park Madhya Pradesh
- Famous National Parks in India
- Best Places to Visit Near Kaziranga National Park in Assam
Holiday Packages Deals & Discount Related Blogs
- All Inclusive Leh Ladakh Tour Packages– Get Upto 30% Early Bird Discount
- The Best Jammu and Kashmir Tour Packages- All Inclusive