“Mussoorie- Welcome to the “Queen of Hills”, where beauty of nature has been elevated to an art form”
Mussoorie, also known as “Queen of Hills” is positioned above the Doon Valley. It is one of the best holiday destinations to visit in North India, Himalayas. Its pleasant weather throughout the year rejuvenates the chaotic mind with peace and bliss. Tourists from all around the world visit Mussoorie for various reasons- For Honeymooners, Mussoorie is what dreams are made of. To cherish the bliss of togetherness, the fairytale type picturesque setting of Mussoorie will always lure their soul. For family fun there are numerous picnic spots with lots of thrilling adventures. Sky walk, Zipline, rock climbing, mountain biking, paragliding, rafting and zip swing adventures are the best adventure activities to do in Mussoorie.
The Gun Hill that makes the highest point of the town gives an opportunity to gaze at the distant yet mighty peaks of Nanda Devi, Kedarnath, and Badrinath. Dotted by small and big wonders of nature including the Shivalik’s, Kempty waterfall, this hill town is a perfect destination for a relaxing holiday in Uttarakhand. The dreamy hill station also displays the great colonial wealth in the form of churches, libraries, hotels and summer palaces.
The fluttering Tibetan flags in the Happy Valley and the Tibetan Market below the Mall Road indicate quite a flavorsome blend of two distinguished cultures in this cordial town.
The hill station boasts of bustling markets that put-on display various handicrafts, handlooms, souvenirs and other items that might intrigue the visitors. Mussoorie was once the best-kept secret of the state. However, even today it has the same charm that is beyond human interpretation; but is capable of capturing the hearts of distinct people like Sir George Everest and Ruskin Bond who decided to make it their home.
Why to Visit Mussoorie Hill Station in Uttarakhand?
- Mussoorie is the true definition of pleasant weather. It is the best summer as well as winter destination in North India.
- Mussoorie is the storehouse of the culture and tradition of Himalayan region.
- If you are seeking solitude and peace, Mussoorie is the place to be in. It has a lot to offer when it comes to Nature Tourism.
- Mussoorie has some of the best places for shopping. The local life and culture of Mussoorie can be seen through its markets and Bazaars.
- Mussoorie is a hub of Picnic spots like Bhatta Falls, Kempty Falls etc to enjoy some quality time with family and friends.
- To enjoy wildlife, Benog Wildlife Sanctuary is the best place and for nature walks, don’t miss forests and Tibbi Point.
Have a Quick Glimpse of Mussoorie Tourism
|Must Visit Attractions||Kempty Falls, Christ Church, Bhatta Falls, Gun Hill, Lake Mist, Cloud’s End…etc|
|Best Picnic Spots in Mussoorie||Kempty Falls, cloud’s end, Lake mist and Bhatta Falls|
|Must Visit Waterfalls & Lakes||Kempty Falls, Jharipani Falls, Bhatta Falls, Lake mist|
|Top Things to Do in Mussoorie||Sightseeing, Trekking, Horse Riding, Shopping|
|Best Shopping Places in Mussoorie||Mall Road, Char Dukan, Landour Bazaar|
|Best Time to Visit||April to mid-July for sightseeing and from Nov to Jan to enjoy snowfall.|
|Best Things to Do in Mussoorie||Trekking, Angling, Zip Lining|
|Top Nearby Destinations to Visit||Dehradun, Dhanaulti, New Tehri, Kanatal, Chamba, Rishikesh, Haridwar|
Get upto 30℅ of early bird discount on our Mussoorie Sightseeing tour package. Reach us for more details / bookings – +91-7668130655.
Top Tourist Attractions in Mussoorie
Mussoorie is one of the best family holiday destinations in India. It is the most popular choice of travellers when it comes to visiting destinations in Uttarakhand in North India, Himalayas. Its pleasant weather gives refreshment to the soul frustrated from the hot weather of plains. From backpackers, solo travellers, family to couples it is the ideal destination to enjoy in the lap of nature. Some of the best places to visit in Mussoorie are –
- Kempty Falls
- Gun Hill
- Bhatta Falls
- Cloud’s End
- Lake Mist
- Christ Church
- Company Garden
- Camel’s Back Road
- Soham Heritage Art Center
- The Mall Road
It is one of the best picnic spots to visit with family in Mussoorie. It was built by a British official 150 years ago to arrange tea parties and now it is the center of entertainment and fun for lovely families and tourists for picnics.
Witness picturesque views of Himalayan ranges like Bunderpunch, Srikantha, Gangotri etc. and the mesmerizing Doon Valley. It is one of the best tourist destinations in Mussoorie to seek solace.
It is a must visit place in Mussoorie. It’s a beauty amidst Oak and Deodar Forest. Scenic views of picturesque hills, heritage colonial building of Major Swetenham and wildlife at Benog Wildlife Sanctuary will blow your heart away.
Visit the first Catholic Church of Himalayan region built in 1836 by the Britishers. Revel in the charm of history and gothic architecture of bygone times.
If you are a nature lover visit the beautiful company garden of Mussoorie. It has a variety of flowers and amusement parks, adventurous rides for kids which makes it a perfect spot to spend your day with family. It is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Mussoorie.
Camel’s Back Road
It has camel shaped rocks and with the blessing of nature all around, one can also take a look at the beautiful sunrise and sunset from this road. Don’t miss out on the 180 years old British Cemetery.
It is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Mussoorie for shopping and fun. Game Parlours, food stalls, shops, churches, colonial buildings, book stores etc. its perfect place to spend some time with family and friends.
Cascading waterfalls and natural springs are nature’s bliss. Agree? It’s an ideal destination for nature lovers in Mussoorie. Also enjoy food at small eateries nearby.
Admire one of the best picnic spots in Mussoorie. Its secluded and peaceful vibes will cure your toil weary soul. Boating here is the best thing to do.
Soham Heritage Art Center
It is one of the must visit places in Mussoorie. It will give you useful insights on the tradition and culture of Himalayan region through paintings, murals, frescos, jewellery, utensils, household goods etc.
Best Time to Visit Mussoorie
Mussoorie enjoys a tropical climate. The climate of Mussoorie is not too harsh and not too cold. The best time to visit Mussoorie is April to mid-July for sightseeing and from Sep to Dec-Jan to enjoy snowfall.
Mussoorie Weather Information
Summer Weather in Mussoorie –
Summer is the best time to visit Mussoorie. It gives respite from the harsh climate of the plains. The temperature ranges from 15 °to 25° which is good for sightseeing and fun activities.
Monsoon Weather in Mussoorie –
You will enjoy lush greenery which will refresh your spirit in monsoon if you visit Mussoorie this time. But it is not favorable weather to visit Mussoorie due to heavy rain, roads will be slippery and landslides will be a hindrance in travelling. The temperature ranges from 21°to 32°.
Winter Weather in Mussoorie –
If you love snowfall, Winter is the best time to visit Mussoorie. The temperature ranges from 0°to 11°. Snowfalls might lead to road blocks in winters but Snowfall has its own charm.
How to Reach Mussoorie?
By Air- Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun is the nearest airport to reach Mussoorie. You can easily get taxis and cabs from the airport to take you to Mussoorie.
By Train- Dehradun Railway station which is 36 km from Mussoorie is the nearest Railway station. Shatabdi Express and Mussoorie Express are two major stations that connect Dehradun to the major cities of India.
By Road- You will get numerous buses from Delhi to reach Mussoorie. There is no dearth of buses run by UTC, UPSRTC and other major cities that would take you to Dehradun and then from Dehradun a cab or taxi will take you to Mussoorie.
Where to Stay in Mussoorie?
The hill station welcomes its guests by offering a plethora of places where you can stay and relax after a tiring day taking a tour. Live it up the way you like as there are luxury and pocket-friendly hotels that offer quite a comfortable stay with all the basic facilities intact.
For travellers of all kinds Mussoorie offers a plethora of facilities and amenities for comfortable stay. There are 5 star hotels and luxurious resorts equivalent to international standards, Boutique hotels and pocket friendly hotels in abundance.
Five-star hotels provide luxurious stay with stunning hill background and if you are more into interiors then don’t worry Interiors of these hotels are soul soothing. Couples can enjoy the best of these facilities. Smoke hotels provide special arrangements like candle light dinner and romantic date arrangements.
Pocket friendly hotels are located at prime locations and most of the time provide easy access to the major tourist attractions. It is a best choice for solo travelers, backpackers and families. You will get all the facilities on a budget with great hospitality.
Top Places to Visit Nearby Mussoorie
It is the best travel destination near Mussoorie. Magical Himalayan ranges and delicious climate throughout the year, numerous temples for mental peace and bliss such as Tapkeshwar Mahadev Temple makes Dehradun the first choice for travellers to visit near Mussoorie.
If you want to escape the chaos of city life and merge with the pristine greenery of nature then Barkot is a perfect place for you. Picturesque landscapes along with mind-boggling views of Bandarpunch Peak, apple orchards along with magnificent temples- Such is the beauty of Barkot. Barkot is a resting place for pilgrims during their Char Dham Yatra.
It is one of the most popular winter destinations to visit near Mussoorie. It is situated at 2286m above the sea level and offers beautiful views of Himalayas. Lush greenery, pleasant weather and numerous forests such as Oak Forests, Deodar forests etc., makes Dhanaulti a perfect getaway to spend your weekend.
Surkanda Devi Temple
The temple is dedicated to goddess Surkanda who is one of the 51 Shakti Peeth located all over India. The temple is 2700 m above the sea level which also gives picturesque views of snow-clad Himalayan mountains. You have to trek 2km from Kaddukhal which is 40km from Mussoorie. It will take an hour to reach this divine temple.
If you love trekking then you should definitely visit Nag Tibba. It is the highest peak in the lower Himalayas of Garhwal Region. It is one of the best places for trekking in winter and camping in summer. It is always accessible to tourists as most of the other treks are closed due to heavy snow, that is why it is a very popular weekend trek in India.
Rishikesh needs no introduction. It is one of the best travel destinations to visit near Mussoorie and it would take only 3 hours to reach there. It is one of the most sacred pilgrimage destinations. If you are looking for spiritual and mental bliss along with some adventurous activities like rafting, kayaking, hiking, bungee jumping, camping and rock climbing etc. Rishikesh is a must visit place. Temple trails, adventurous activities and Ganga darshan will absolutely delight your soul.
Get upto 30℅ of early bird discount on our Uttarakhand tour packages. Reach us for more details / bookings – +91-7668130655.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many days are enough to explore Mussoorie?
At least two to three days are necessary to explore all the major tourist spots in Mussoorie. It has plenty of tourist attractions to blow your heart away. Some famous places to visit are Lal Tibba, Kempty falls, Bhatta Falls, Lake mist, Mall Road etc.
What are the best picnic spots in Mussoorie to spend time with family?
Best picnic spots in Mussoorie to visit with family are –
- Kempty Falls
- Bhatta Falls
- Company Garden
- Mall Road
- Happy Valley
- Lake Mist
- Camel’s Back Road
- Mussoorie Lake
- Gun Hill
- Clouds End
- Jharipani Falls
- Mossy Falls
Is Mussoorie safe for solo women travelers?
Yes, Mussoorie is absolutely safe for solo women travelers but precaution is always necessary. Always keep a check on your belongings and be alert in secluded surroundings.
What are the top things to do in Mussoorie?
There is never a dull moment in your life when you are in Mussoorie. Your vacation in Mussoorie will never get monotonous. Every single mile in Mussoorie is a bliss and reveals something interesting that will make you active. Some of the top things to do in Mussoorie are-
- Sightseeing – Know the soul of Mussoorie
- Shopping- Delight your shopper soul
- Temple Trail- Embrace the divinity
- Adventure- Be Ready! Thrill seekers.
- Wildlife – Paradise for Wildlife enthusiasts
- Nature Walks- Seek divine solitude
- Food Walks- Try some Lip- smacking delicious food.
How to reach Mussoorie from Delhi?
You will get numerous buses from Delhi to reach Mussoorie. There is no dearth of buses run by UTC, UPSRTC and other major cities that would take you to Dehradun and then from Dehradun a cab or taxi will take you to Mussoorie. By train you can reach Mussoorie by Delhi – Dehradun Shatabdi express and Delhi Yoga Express. If you are travelling by Air Jolly Grant Airport is the nearest Airport. By car, you can follow this route –
Delhi- Ghaziabad- Hapur- Meerut- Muzaffarnagar- Roorkee- Dehradun- Mussoorie
What are the best things to do for honeymooners in Mussoorie?
Top things to do for honeymooners in Mussoorie are –
- Spend some romantic time while boating at Lake Mist.
- Visit Kempty Falls and Bhatta Falls to spend some time in the lap of nature.
- How about a romantic evening walk in Camel Back Road
- Shopping at Mall Road and tasty local cuisines will tickle your taste buds for more.
- Trekking at Nag Tibba would be awesome.
- Temple trails to seek the blessing of togetherness for eternity from God.
Like & follow us on our following official social media channels
Tour Packages by Interest – Adventure Packages | Wildlife Packages | Pilgrimage Packages | Heritage Packages | Hill Station Packages | Weekend Packages | Honeymoon Packages | Beach Packages | Chardham Packages | Trekking Packages
Other Informative Uttarakhand Tourism Travel Guide Blogs to Read
- Best Things to Do in Uttarakhand
- Best Tourist Places in Nainital
- Best Places to Visit in Uttarakhand
- Best Places to Visit in Haridwar
- Uttarkashi Tourism: Best Places to Visit in Uttarkashi
- Harsil Tourism: Best Places to Explore & Top Things to Do
- Madhyamaheshwar Temple Opening Date
- Popular Temples in Uttarakhand
- Chardham Yatra Registration Information
- Tungnath Temple Opening Dates
- Chardham Yatra by Helicopter
- Yamunotri Temple Information
- Gangotri Temple Information
- Kedarnath Temple Opening Dates
- Badrinath Temple Opening Dates
- Hemkund Yatra Information
- Rudranath Temple Yatra Information
- Chardham Yatra Opening Dates
- Shri Badrinath Dham Temple Information
- Shri Kedarnath Dham Temple Guide
- Chardham Yatra of Uttarakhand
- Best Places to Visit in Haridwar
- Best Places to Visit in Chopta Valley
Other Informative India Travel Guide Blogs to Read
- Best Places to Visit in Eastern India
- Best Places to Visit in Shillong Meghalaya
- Best Places to Visit in Jodhpur Rajasthan
- Goa Tourism: Best Places to Visit & Top Things to Do in Goa
- 5 Top Adventure Tourism Sports in India That Should Be on Your List
- Best Places to Visit in North East India
- Heritage Tourism in India
- Best Places to Visit in India
- Best Places to Explore in Himachal
- Best Weekend Destinations from Delhi
- Best Places to Visit in Jammu & Kashmir
- Best Honeymoon Destinations in India
- Best Deals & Discounts on Popular Weekend Tour Packages
- Must Visit Beaches in India
- Gujarat Launches Intrastate Flight Service from Surat
- Best Places to Visit in Madhya Pradesh
- Top 10-Weekend Destinations in Himachal Pradesh
- Top 10 Best Destinations to Visit in Madhya Pradesh
- Panna National Park Wildlife Travel Guide
- Kanha National Park Wildlife Travel Guide
- Bandhavgarh National Park Wildlife Travel Guide
- Best Places to Visit in Bhopal Madhya Pradesh
Other Informative Trekking Guides Blogs
- Best Trekking Destinations in Uttarakhand
- Explore Panch Kailash Yatra Trekking Information
- Best Trekking Destinations in Sikkim Himalayas
- Best Trekking Places in Himachal Pradesh
- Best Winter Treks in Himalayas
- 21 Best Trekking Destinations in India
- Best Summer Treks in Uttarakhand
- Top Summer Treks in India
- Panch Kedar Trekking Information
Other Informative Wildlife Travel Guide Blogs to Read
- Ranthambore Tour: How to Plan a Memorable Ranthambore Jungle Safari Trip?
- Wildlife Tourism in India
- Jim Corbett National Park Uttarakhand
- Ranthambore National Park Rajasthan
- Panna National Park Madhya Pradesh
- Kaziranga National Park Assam
- Bandhavgarh National Park Madhya Pradesh
- Kanha National Park Madhya Pradesh
- Famous National Parks in India
- Best Places to Visit Near Kaziranga National Park in Assam