There is no dearth of exciting tourist activities in Uttarakhand. From scenic sightseeing, temple hopping, to visiting soul soothing hill stations and trying thrilling adventure sports like Rafting, Paragliding and Mountain Biking – there is something for every tourist. Uttarakhand is indeed the best place to visit for a wonderful vacation.
Top Things to Do for Tourists in Uttarakhand for a Great Holiday Experience
Uttarakhand is decked with gorgeous and picturesque mountains, soul pleasing hill stations, divine temples and pristine greenery teeming with rich wildlife. From scenic sights to enchanting woods, you can enjoy a wonderful holiday here. Whether you are a pilgrim, adventure lover, wildlife enthusiast or nature lover Uttarakhand’s Diverse typography offers great delights that will never make your day dull here.
There are many exciting activities for tourists to do in Uttarakhand which will make your trip memorable. It is a tourist destination which is most preferred by family travelers, honeymooners, nature lovers, solo travelers and backpackers. Depending on one’s interest, tourists can indulge in adventurous, leisure or heritage sightseeing.
Some of the top things to do in Uttarakhand are Rafting, Bungee Jumping, Trekking, camping, boating, wildlife Safari, temple tour, Paragliding, skiing, nature sightseeing and mountain biking.
List of the Best Things to Do in Uttarakhand
|Popular Trekking Trails||Tungnath, Kuari Pass, Dodital, Brahmatal, Dayara Bugyal, Kedarkantha, Kedartal, Har Ki Dun…etc|
|Best Places for Paragliding||Naukuchiatal, Dehradun, Nainital, Mussoorie, Rishikesh, Ramgarh, Pithoragarh, New Tehri..etc|
|Best Places for Camping in Uttarakhand||Chopta Valley, Deoriatal, Kantal, Rishikesh. etc|
|Best Places for Skiing||Auli, Mundali, Dayara Bugyal|
|Top Places for Wildlife Jungle Safari||Jim Corbett National Park, Rajaji National Park|
|Best Places for River Rafting||Rishikesh|
|Best Places for Bungee Jumping in Uttarakhand||Mohan Chatti and Rishikesh|
|Popular Hill Stations for Nature Sightseeing||Mussoorie, Nainital, Almora, Chopta, Auli, Dhanaulti, New Tehri, Ranikhet, Munsiyari|
|Best Places for Water Sports Tourism Activities in Uttarakhand||Ranikhet, New Tehri, Nainital, Sattal, Bhimtal|
|Best Places for Yoga & Meditation||Rishikesh, Haridwar, Uttarkashi|
Get upto 30℅ of early bird discount on our Uttarakhand Holiday tour packages. Reach us for more details / bookings – +91-7668130655.
Trekking in Uttarakhand
The lofty Himalayan mountains, meandering rivers and verdant forests of Uttarakhand offer some of the most enchanting trekking trails in Uttarakhand. Tourists must explore Valley of Flowers Trek, Dayara Bugyal trek, Nag Tibba Trek, Deoriatal – Chandrashila, Dodital, Roop Kund, Kedarkantha Trek, Kedartal trek and Har ki dun Trek for a memorable experience.
Paragliding in Uttarakhand
Paragliding in Uttarakhand offers you an opportunity to fly like a bird and enjoy the beautiful vistas down below. Naukuchiatal, Dehradun, Nainital, Mussoorie and Rishikesh, Ramgarh, Pithoragarh, New Tehri are some of the best places known for Paragliding.
Camping in Uttarakhand
Uttarakhand is the best tourist destination when it comes to Camping. Blend in the soothing beauty of lush greenery, picturesque lofty mountains, alpine lakes, lush meadows and gorgeous forests. Some of the best campsites in Uttarakhand are Deoria Tal, Chopta meadows, Sattal, pangot, Kanatal, Jim Corbett Dhanaulti, Chaukori and Pakuwa Bugwal.
Also Read: Panch Kailash of Himalayas
Skiing in Uttarakhand
Skiing is one of the best tourist adventure activities to do in Uttarakhand. The bliss of going down on snowy slopes on a Ski is a mind-boggling experience. Auli, Betulidhar, Khaliya Top, Mundali, Dayara Bugyal and Kedarkantha are some of the best places to enjoy Skiing.
Wildlife Jungle Safari
Tourists from all over the world come to Uttarakhand to enjoy the lush wildlife housed in the scenic verdant forests, lush mountains, valleys, rivers and alpine meadows. Tourists can enjoy amazing Wildlife Safari, many National Parks and tiger reserves. Some of the most popular ones are Nanda Devi Biosphere Reserve, Valley of Flowers National Park, Jim Corbett National Park, Rajaji National Park and Kedarnath Wildlife Sanctuary.
Also Read: Best Wildlife Safari Destinations in India
Rafting in Uttarakhand
River Rafting is one of the most popular tourist adventure activities in Uttarakhand. Gushing rapids of a river gives thrill and excitement to the adventurous soul. Rishikesh in Uttarakhand is one of the world-famous Rafting destinations. Apart from that Alaknanda, Dhauliganga and Kali rivers offer the best Rafting experience.
Bungee Jumping in Uttarakhand
Nothing can be more challenging than Bungee Jumping in Uttarakhand. You will fly like a bird by defying all the rules of gravity. Isn’t it exciting? Mohan Chatti and Rishikesh are the best tourist attractions as well as Bungee Jumping spots in Uttarakhand. In fact, Rishikesh has the highest Bungee Jumping platform of about 83 m.
Temple Hopping in Uttarakhand
Uttarakhand is the most popular divine tourist destination for soothing spiritual experience. The pious Char Dhams, Panch Kedars, temples of Rishikesh, Haridwar, Dwarahat and many others will take you to the ethereal world of tranquility and mental solace.
Also Read: Panch Kedar Temple Yatra Travel Guide
Gorgeous and breathtaking are the two words that define the beauty of the hill stations of Uttarakhand. No matter the season Honeymooners, families, solo travelers and backpackers always visit the scenic hill stations of Uttarakhand to dive deep into the tranquility and serenity of nature. Some of the most popular hill stations to visit in Uttarakhand are Mussoorie, Auli, Nainital, Tehri, Dhanaulti, Ranikhet, Chamoli and Munsiyari.
Also Read: Must Visit Summer Hill Stations in India
Water Sports Activities in Uttarakhand
Uttarakhand is the best place for adventurous water sports. The gurgling rivers and scenic lakes offer numerous exciting water sports like Canoeing and kayaking, boating, rafting, canoeing which can be best experienced in Rishikesh, New Tehri, Sattal, Bhimtal and Nainital Lakes.
Relaxation- Yoga & Meditation in Uttarakhand
If you want to refresh your mind, body and soul then there is no other better place than Uttarakhand. It houses many spas and yoga retreats that will fine tune your toil- weary spirit. Rishikesh has tons of spas that offer ayurvedic massages and Vedic retreats. Haridwar is a must visit for a relaxed and peaceful holiday.
Browse our incredible India Tour Packages, and select a package that appeals to you the most.
Like & follow us on our following official social media channels
Tour Packages by Interest – Adventure Packages | Wildlife Packages | Pilgrimage Packages | Heritage Packages | Hill Station Packages | Weekend Packages | Honeymoon Packages | Beach Packages | Chardham Packages | Trekking Packages
Other Informative Uttarakhand Tourism Travel Guide Blogs to Read
- Best Tourist Places in Nainital
- Best Places to Visit in Uttarakhand
- Best Places to Visit in Haridwar
- Uttarkashi Tourism: Best Places to Visit in Uttarkashi
- Harsil Tourism: Best Places to Explore & Top Things to Do
- Madhyamaheshwar Temple Opening Date
- Popular Temples in Uttarakhand
- Chardham Yatra Registration Information
- Tungnath Temple Opening Dates
- Chardham Yatra by Helicopter
- Yamunotri Temple Information
- Gangotri Temple Information
- Kedarnath Temple Opening Dates
- Badrinath Temple Opening Dates
- Hemkund Yatra Information
- Rudranath Temple Yatra Information
- Chardham Yatra Opening Dates
- Shri Badrinath Dham Temple Information
- Shri Kedarnath Dham Temple Guide
- Chardham Yatra of Uttarakhand
- Best Places to Visit in Haridwar
- Best Places to Visit in Chopta Valley
Other Informative India Travel Guide Blogs to Read
- Best Places to Visit in Eastern India
- Best Places to Visit in Shillong Meghalaya
- Best Places to Visit in Jodhpur Rajasthan
- Goa Tourism: Best Places to Visit & Top Things to Do in Goa
- 5 Top Adventure Tourism Sports in India That Should Be on Your List
- Best Places to Visit in North East India
- Heritage Tourism in India
- Best Places to Visit in India
- Best Places to Explore in Himachal
- Best Weekend Destinations from Delhi
- Best Places to Visit in Jammu & Kashmir
- Best Honeymoon Destinations in India
- Best Deals & Discounts on Popular Weekend Tour Packages
- Must Visit Beaches in India
- Gujarat Launches Intrastate Flight Service from Surat
- Best Places to Visit in Madhya Pradesh
- Top 10-Weekend Destinations in Himachal Pradesh
- Top 10 Best Destinations to Visit in Madhya Pradesh
- Panna National Park Wildlife Travel Guide
- Kanha National Park Wildlife Travel Guide
- Bandhavgarh National Park Wildlife Travel Guide
- Best Places to Visit in Bhopal Madhya Pradesh
Other Informative Trekking Guides Blogs
- Best Trekking Destinations in Uttarakhand
- Explore Panch Kailash Yatra Trekking Information
- Best Trekking Destinations in Sikkim Himalayas
- Best Trekking Places in Himachal Pradesh
- Best Winter Treks in Himalayas
- 21 Best Trekking Destinations in India
- Best Summer Treks in Uttarakhand
- Top Summer Treks in India
- Panch Kedar Trekking Information
Other Informative Wildlife Travel Guide Blogs to Read
- Ranthambore Tour: How to Plan a Memorable Ranthambore Jungle Safari Trip?
- Wildlife Tourism in India
- Jim Corbett National Park Uttarakhand
- Ranthambore National Park Rajasthan
- Panna National Park Madhya Pradesh
- Kaziranga National Park Assam
- Bandhavgarh National Park Madhya Pradesh
- Kanha National Park Madhya Pradesh
- Famous National Parks in India
- Best Places to Visit Near Kaziranga National Park in Assam