Madhya Pradesh which is located in Central India has become one of the most famous tourist destinations in the country. From historical monuments representing the exotic tradition and rich culture of the country to mouth-watering delicacies, Madhya Pradesh offers everything a traveler needs in his journey. This state is a hub of many religious temples and magnificent royal palaces with many historical tales behind them. Whether you are a wildlife enthusiast or a peace lover, Madhya Pradesh will enchant you in many different ways.
Gems of Madhya Pradesh Tourism – Top Must-Visit Places in Madhya Pradesh for an Unforgettable Trip-
|Place Name||Description||Destination Type|
|Khajuraho||A UNESCO World Heritage Site famous for its medieval Hindu and Jain temples known for their intricate carvings and erotic sculptures||Cultural & Historical|
|Ujjain||A city known for its ancient Hindu temples and spiritual significance||Cultural & Spiritual|
|Omkareshwar||A pilgrimage destination located on an island in the Narmada River, famous for its temple dedicated to Lord Shiva||Religious|
|Bhopal||Known for its beautiful lakes, rich cultural heritage, and modern attractions||Nature, Cultural & Historical|
Get upto 30% early bird discount on Madhya Pradesh Tour Packages. For booking Call or WhatsApp on +91-8802149265 / +91-7668130655
Khajuraho – Where Art and Architecture Meet
Khajuraho, which is located about 175 km from Jhansi is filled with many magnificent temples. The unique erotic sculptures and art carving make it one of the most popular destinations in Madhya Pradesh. The art represents the sensuality and creativity of the architects during the Chandela dynasty i.e from 952 to 1058 AD. These Spiritual temples filled with erotic sculptures and idols of gods have become one of the most unique UNESCO World Heritage sites. The temples in Khajuraho are named the most stunning historical monuments in terms of uniqueness by the Archaeological survey in India.
Top Things to Do During Your Travel
- If you are planning a trip to Khajuraho, then you must explore both the Eastern and Western Group of Temples. The exotic architecture and lavish sculptures of Lakshmana Temple, Kandariya Mahadeo Temple, Ghantai Temple, and Adinath Temple will take you back to the time of the bygone era.
- Apart from the Western and Eastern groups of temples, you should also visit Southern temples, where you will be able to witness the enormous idol of Lord Vishnu.
- If you are looking for a place to rejuvenate your soul, then Archanta Yoga Ashram is an ideal location for you. You can take part in these classical yoga classes and lead a traditional ashram lifestyle.
Must-Visit Destinations in & around Khajuraho
- Timings: From 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. every day
- Location: Lakshmana Temple, Sevagram, Khajuraho, Madhya Pradesh
- Timings: A.m. to 6 p.m. every day
- Location: Matangeshwar Temple, Sevagram, Khajuraho Madhya Pradesh
- Timings: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. every day
- Location: Adinath Temple, Eastern group of temples, Sevagram, Khajuraho, Madhya Pradesh
- Timings: From 6 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Location: Chhatarpur, Madhya Pradesh
Best Time to Visit Khajuraho
The ideal time to visit this location is between February and March when you will be able to take part in a week-long festival. The seven legendary Indian classical dances are performed in this festival including Manipuri, Kuchipudi, Mohiniattam, Kathak, Bharat Natyam, Odissi, and Kathakali.
Also Check Out: 9N/10 Days Best of Madhya Pradesh Sightseeing Tour
Ujjain – Discover the City of Enlightenment
From ancient temples to breathtaking and serene waterfalls, travelers will find a plethora of destinations to visit during their Ujjain travel. No matter what you are seeking, this small trip will leave your soul enchanted and rejuvenated by the spirituality of the place. This stunning town is a hub of the most beautiful temples and shrines. You will be mesmerized by the magnificent heritage sites and the peaceful pilgrimages present in Ujjain. You will see many Buddhist sculptures in this town as evidence of the settlement of Buddhism around the 4th century.
Top Things to Do During Your Travel
- Kaal Bhairava (Mahakaleshwar) is one of the main attractions of Ujjain, you must visit this temple which will fill you with spirituality.
- You can visit Sri Krishna Mohan Temple, which is a famous destination among foreigners who are believers in Lord Krishna.
- If you have plenty of time on your hand, it is recommended to visit some of the most important places in Ujjain including Maa Vagheshwari, Vedha Shala, Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan Museum, Durgadas Ki Chhatri, Kaliadeh Palace, Vikram University, etc.
Must Visit Places in & around Ujjain
Ralamandal Wildlife Sanctuary
- Timings: From 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Location: Ralamandal Wildlife Sanctuary, Mirzapur, Indore
Ram Mandir Ghat
- Highlights of the Place: You will be able to witness the most enchanting sunset from this Ghat.
- Highlights of the Place: The city is famous for Its temples of Devi Tuzla Bhavani, and Kalika Mata.
- Highlights of the Place: The city represents the rich historical culture with a tinge of modern vibes to it.
The Best Time to Visit Ujjain
Winters is the ideal time to visit the spiritual temples of Ujjain. October to March is the peak season to enjoy the charm of the city. With other tourists from all over the world, you will be able to feel more connected to god and spirituality during your travels.
Also Read: 10 Top Places to Visit in MP
Omakreshwar – A Place of Pilgrimage and Peace
Omkareshwar, a historical town is located on the banks of river Narmada in Madhya Pradesh. The two lofty hills here give it an “OM” shape, A very significant symbol in Hinduism. The main attraction of the place is a hanging bridge over the Narmada river that adds to the splendor of the town. This adventurous yet captivating Bridge will take you to the Mandhata Temple. There are many myths behind the city and the place is dedicated to Lord Shiva. This entire location is surrounded by many mountain peaks giving visitors a panoramic view.
Top Things to Do During Your Travel
- Explore Omkareshwar’s exquisitely carved Siddhanatha Temple, which is adorned with beautiful ancient carvings making it one of the top destinations to visit in MP tourism.
- Visit the Omkareshwar Temple, one of India’s most well-known sacred sites. The beautiful architecture and captivating carvings and murals of the location will fascinate you.
- Mamleshwar Temple, Saptamatrika Temples, Ranmukteshwar Temple, Gauri Somnath Temple, and Kedareshwar Temple are some of the other destinations you can opt to explore.
Must Visit Places in and around Omkareshwar
- Location: The Peshawar Ghat is located in the center of Omkareshwar where the Narmada river merges with the Kaveri river.
- Timings: From 8 a.m. to 9:35 p.m.
- Location: Omkareshwar Mandir Road, Mandhata.
- Timings: From 5 30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Location: South Bank of Narmada river, Near Omkareshwar temple.
- Highlights of the Place: The place is ideal for boating and having a great time on a picnic with your peers.
Best Time to Visit Omkareshwar
The ideal time to visit Omkareshwar is from February to March, you will be able to witness a grand celebration of Mahashivratri. The festival is celebrated with great enthusiasm. You will be able to witness many abodes and saints practicing yoga and meditation during this festival.
Bhopal- Discover the City of Lakes
Bhopal is one of the most famous tourist destinations in Madhya Pradesh. Whether it’s spirituality you seek or adventure, this graceful city has it all for you. The city offers a perfect blend of history and modernity to its visitors. With scenic lakes, historical monuments, and religious temples Bhopal has everything to delight your heart. Bada Taal Is the largest artificial lake in this city whose beauty will leave you in a daze.
Top Things to Do During Your Travel
- You must visit the Bhojpur temple which is dedicated to Lord Shiva.
- Bhopal is also known as a city of lakes, So it will be unfair if you skip any lake on your travel list.
- Besides street foods, you should also dine in fancy restaurants. You will be able to witness the most panoramic view from the rooftop of these restaurants.
- Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Sangrahalay, a museum that will enable you to understand the history and culture of more than 450 tribal groups. If you are in Bhopa, then this museum is one of the must-visit places in the city.
Must Visit Destinations in & around Bhopal
- Timings: 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Location: Near CM House, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
Van Vihar National Park
- Timings: From 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Location: Lake View Walk Path, Krishna Nagar, Shyamla Hills, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh.
- Timings: From 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. everyday
- Location: Moti Masjid, Hawa Mahal Road, Peer Gate, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
- Timings: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. everyday
- Location: The place is near Visidha, Madhya Pradesh
Best Time to Visit Bhopal
The best time to visit Bhopal is in winters when the weather is pleasant. But if you want to enjoy the grand Dussehra Utsav Mela of the city, it is recommended to visit between the months of September to November.
These are some of the best tourist places in Madhya Pradesh tourism list to visit with your peers.
Like & follow us on our following official social media channels
Other Popular Trending Holiday Destinations in India – Kashmir Tour | Himachal Tour | Uttarakhand Tour | Rajasthan Tour | Gujarat Tour | Sikkim Tour | Kerala Tour | Andaman Tour | Madhya Pradesh Tour | North East Tours
Tour Packages by Interest – Adventure Packages | Wildlife Packages | Pilgrimage Packages | Heritage Packages | Hill Station Packages | Weekend Packages | Honeymoon Packages | Beach Packages | Chardham Packages | Trekking Packages
Other Interesting Destinations Travel Guide Blogs to Read
- Best Places to Visit in Sikkim
- Palolem Beach Goa Travel Guide
- Best Places to Visit in North East India Tour
- Munnar Tourism – Top Tourist Places & Things to Do
- Best Places to Visit in Chail Himachal Pradesh
- Alleppey Tourism- Best Places to Visit
- Top Places to Visit in Patnitop
- Best Places to Visit in Jammu and Kashmir
- Must Visit Waterfalls in Karnataka
- Best Places to Visit in Himachal Pradesh
- Best Places to Visit in Bhopal
- Shillong Meghalaya Tourism Information
Other Interesting India Travel Guide Blogs to Read
- Best Places to See Snowfall in India
- Best Hill Stations to Visit in India
- Best Honeymoon Destinations in India
- Best Winter Tourist Destinations in India
- Best Places to Visit in East India
- Top Places to Visit in North East India
- Best Beaches to Visit in India
- Pilgrimage Tourist Places in India
- Popular Heritage Tourist Places in India
- Top Tourist Destinations to Explore in India
- Best Places to Visit Near Bandhavgarh
Other Interesting Wildlife Travel Guide Blogs to Read
- How to Plan a Jungle Safari Trip to Ranthambore National Park?
- Famous National Parks of India
- Best Places to Visit Near Kaziranga National Park
- Jim Corbett National Park & Tiger Reserve
- Ranthambore National Park & Tiger Reserve
- Kaziranga National Park & Tiger Reserve Assam
- Best National Parks to Visit in Summer Season in India
Other Interesting Rajasthan Travel Guide Blogs to Read
- Mount Abu Tourism- Best Places to Visit & Things to Do
- Best Places to Visit in Jaipur Rajasthan
- Top Places to Explore in Jaisalmer Rajasthan
- Best Sightseeing Places in Jodhpur Rajasthan
- Ranthambore Jungle Safari Trip
- Ranthambore National Park Travel Guide
Other Interesting Uttarakhand Travel Guide Blogs to Read
- Best Hill Stations to Visit in Uttarakhand
- Best Tourist Places in Rishikesh
- Chardham Yatra Travel Guide
- Best Places to Visit in Mussoorie
- Top Things to Do in Uttarakhand
- Best Places to Visit in Nainital
- Yamunotri Temple Information
- Gangotri Temple Information
- Badrinath Temple Information
- Kedarnath Temple Information
- Best Places to Visit in Harsil Valley
- Best Places to Visit in Uttarkashi
- Best Places to Visit in Haridwar
- Best Places to Visit in Chopta
Other Interesting Adventure & Trekking Travel Guide Blogs to Read
- Best Trekking Trails in Ladakh
- Best Trekking Places in Uttarakhand
- Panch Kailash Yatra Trek Information
- Best Trekking Places in Sikkim
- Top Adventure Tourism Sports in India
- Best Trekking Places in Himachal
- Best Winter Treks in India
- Best Treks in India Himalayas
- Top Summer Treks to Do in Uttarakhand
- Best Summer Treks in India