Snuggled in the lap of East Khasi Hills District of Meghalaya, Cherrapunjee is attributed as the second wettest place on earth dotted with lush green hills, mist-covered valleys, serene lakes and several enchanting waterfalls that cast a magical spell on every visitor. A popular hill retreat in the Northeastern part of India, it has many tourist attractions to explore.
The ‘Nohkalikai Falls’, located just a short distance from the heart of Cherrapunjee, is acknowledged to be the largest plunge waterfall in India, and is one of the most visited places in the town. Mawsmai Caves is another popular tourist destination with its fascinating stalactite & stalagmite formations combined with the spooky eeriness and constant dripping of water from the roof, enthrals every visitor leaving them with a unique holiday experience.
Meghalaya is well famed for its living root bridges that are one of its kind in the world and are a magnificent sight to behold. They grow from the roots of the rubber trees and leave you in awe with their sheer magnificence. Amongst all the bridges, the most stunning one is the ‘Umshiang Double-Decker Bridge’ located in the Tyrna village, about 20 km. from the main town of Cherrapunjee. It won’t be incorrect to say that the 180-year-old natural man-made wonder is one of the top reasons why people plan to visit Cherrapunjee.
Other tourist attractions in Meghalaya that are a part of every tourist’s itinerary are ‘Dawki Town’, ‘Seven Sisters Fall’, ‘Krem Phyllut’, ‘Nokrek National Park’ and ‘Mawsynram Village’.
Get upto 30℅ of early discount on our Northeast India Tour Packages. Reach us for more details / bookings – +91-7668130655.
Here are some of the best places to visit in Cherrapunji, Meghalaya
- Nohkalikai Falls: This is the tallest plunge waterfall in India and a popular tourist spot.
- Mawsmai Cave: This is a limestone cave known for its rock formations and natural beauty.
- Double Decker Living Root Bridge: This is a unique bridge made of tangled roots of living trees, which is an engineering marvel.
- Seven Sisters Falls: This is a group of seven segmented waterfalls that cascades down the cliff.
- Thangkharang Park: This is a beautiful park with a panoramic view of the surrounding mountains and valleys.
- Kynrem Falls: This is a three-tiered waterfall located in a deep gorge, surrounded by lush green forests.
- Dainthlen Falls: This waterfall is named after a legendary serpent that is said to have been killed here.
- Arwah Cave: This is another limestone cave that is famous for its underground waterfalls.
- Eco Park: This is a well-maintained park that offers a breathtaking view of the valley and the distant plains.
- Ramakrishna Mission Museum: This museum showcases the culture and heritage of the Khasi tribe and the history of the Ramakrishna Mission in Meghalaya.
The Best Time to Visit Cherrapunji in Meghalaya, Northeast India
The best time to visit Cherrapunji is from October to May when the weather is pleasant, and rainfall is less. The monsoon season, from June to September, is characterized by heavy rainfall and is not the ideal time for tourists to visit. However, if you are interested in experiencing the monsoon season and seeing the waterfalls in their full glory, then you can plan a trip during this time.
Popular Northeast India Tour Packages
|Package Name||Duration||Starting Price|
|Shillong Cherrapunji Tour||3 Nights 4 Days||INR 10,550/PP|
|Assam & Meghalaya Tour||5 Nights 6 Days||Price on Request|
|Guwahati, Shillong & Kaziranga Tour||5 Nights 6 Days||INR 14,500/PP|
|Best of Sikkim Tour||8 Nights 9 Days||INR 20000/PP|
|Best of Arunachal Tour||7 Nights 8 Days||INR 20,700/PP|
Other Interesting North East India Travel Guide Blogs to Read
- Best Places to Visit in Sikkim
- 15 Best Places to Visit in North East India Tour
- Top Places to Visit in Shillong Meghalaya
- Top Places to Visit in Northeast India in Summers
Like & follow us on our following official social media channels
Other Popular Trending Holiday Destinations in India – Kashmir Tour | Himachal Tour | Uttarakhand Tour | Rajasthan Tour | Gujarat Tour | Sikkim Tour | Kerala Tour | Andaman Tour | Madhya Pradesh Tour | North East Tours
Tour Packages by Interest – Adventure Packages | Wildlife Packages | Pilgrimage Packages | Heritage Packages | Hill Station Packages | Weekend Packages | Honeymoon Packages | Beach Packages | Chardham Packages | Trekking Packages
Other Interesting Destinations Travel Guide Blogs to Read
- Madhya Pradesh Tourism Guide
- Best Places to Visit in Sikkim
- Palolem Beach Goa Travel Guide
- Best Places to Visit in North East India Tour
- Munnar Tourism – Top Tourist Places & Things to Do
- Best Places to Visit in Chail Himachal Pradesh
- Alleppey Tourism- Best Places to Visit
- Top Places to Visit in Patnitop
- Best Places to Visit in Jammu and Kashmir
- Must Visit Waterfalls in Karnataka
- Best Places to Visit in Himachal Pradesh
- Best Places to Visit in Bhopal
- Shillong Meghalaya Tourism Information
Other Interesting India Travel Guide Blogs to Read
- Best Places to See Snowfall in India
- Best Hill Stations to Visit in India
- Best Honeymoon Destinations in India
- Best Winter Tourist Destinations in India
- Best Places to Visit in East India
- Top Places to Visit in North East India
- Best Beaches to Visit in India
- Pilgrimage Tourist Places in India
- Popular Heritage Tourist Places in India
- Top Tourist Destinations to Explore in India
- Best Places to Visit Near Bandhavgarh
Other Interesting Wildlife Travel Guide Blogs to Read
- How to Plan a Jungle Safari Trip to Ranthambore National Park?
- Famous National Parks of India
- Best Places to Visit Near Kaziranga National Park
- Jim Corbett National Park & Tiger Reserve
- Ranthambore National Park & Tiger Reserve
- Kaziranga National Park & Tiger Reserve Assam
- Best National Parks to Visit in Summer Season in India
Other Interesting Rajasthan Travel Guide Blogs to Read
- Mount Abu Tourism- Best Places to Visit & Things to Do
- Best Places to Visit in Jaipur Rajasthan
- Top Places to Explore in Jaisalmer Rajasthan
- Best Sightseeing Places in Jodhpur Rajasthan
- Ranthambore Jungle Safari Trip
- Ranthambore National Park Travel Guide
Other Interesting Uttarakhand Travel Guide Blogs to Read
- Best Hill Stations to Visit in Uttarakhand
- Best Tourist Places in Rishikesh
- Chardham Yatra Travel Guide
- Best Places to Visit in Mussoorie
- Top Things to Do in Uttarakhand
- Best Places to Visit in Nainital
- Yamunotri Temple Information
- Gangotri Temple Information
- Badrinath Temple Information
- Kedarnath Temple Information
- Best Places to Visit in Harsil Valley
- Best Places to Visit in Uttarkashi
- Best Places to Visit in Haridwar
- Best Places to Visit in Chopta
Other Interesting Adventure & Trekking Travel Guide Blogs to Read
- Best Trekking Trails in Ladakh
- Best Trekking Places in Uttarakhand
- Panch Kailash Yatra Trek Information
- Best Trekking Places in Sikkim
- Top Adventure Tourism Sports in India
- Best Trekking Places in Himachal
- Best Winter Treks in India
- Best Treks in India Himalayas
- Top Summer Treks to Do in Uttarakhand
- Best Summer Treks in India