In the blissful Sirohi district of Rajasthan lies the beautiful Hill station of Mount Abu. Majestic views of mountain, scenic beauty and wildlife have been luring tourists for ages. Due to its cool climate and blissful natural beauty, it is one of the best summer destinations in India. Some of the most popular tourist attractions to visit in Mount Abu are- Dilwara Jain Temples, Ecotourism sites, Adhar Devi Temple, Doodh Baori, honeymoon point and Trevor’s tank.
Mount Abu is the only hill station in the desert state of Rajasthan. It used to be the royal’s summer retreat for its pleasant weather. The Nakki Lake is known for being the highest artificial lake in India. Its history can be traced back to centuries as it is believed to be the abode of great saints. Mount Abu is considered to be the birthplace of four fiery Rajput clans. It is a perfect getaway for families, honeymooners and backpackers.
Best Places to Visit & Top Things to Do in Mount Abu
- Visit the exquisite Dilwara Jain Temple for its intricate marble carving and magnificent architecture
- Boating on the pristine water of Lake Nakki, the highest artificial lake in India
- Visit the gatekeeper of Rajputana glory, Achalgarh Fort
- Trek to the highest peak of Mount Abu, Guru Shikhar for a panoramic view of the hill town
- Climb seven-hundred steps to reach the Gaumukh Temple for peace and spirituality
- Visit Adhar Devi Temple, which is dedicated to the Hindu goddess Durga.
- Visit Brahma Kumari World Spiritual University
Get upto 30℅ of early bird discount on our Rajasthan Tour Packages. Reach us for more details / bookings – +91-7668130655/+91-8802149265
Mount Abu Weather Information
Summer Weather in Mount Abu
The summer season begins in the month of April and ends in June. While the rest of Rajasthan burns in the smoldering heat, Mount Abu relishes a cool climate with temperatures ranging from 31-34 degree celsius.
Monsoon Weather in Mount Abu
Mount Abu receives the highest amount of rainfall in Rajasthan. Monsoon lasts from August till September. The hill station turns lush-green with green woods, waterfalls and rich wildlife. The temperature ranges between 28 and 34°C.
Winter Weather in Mount Abu
The winter season is also the best time to visit Mount Abu with temperatures ranging from 16 – 22°C. The weather is cool and pleasant. At night, temperature can go as low as 10°C. Winters begin in November and end in February.
Also Read: Best Places to Visit in Rajasthan
How to Reach Mount Abu?
Mount Abu is a popular tourist destination in India and is easily accessible by road and rail from major cities in Rajasthan and Gujarat.
The nearest airport from Mount Abu is Maharana Pratap Airport Udaipur. It is located at a distance of 185 km from Udaipur.
Mount Abu has its own railhead known as Abu Road Railway Station, located at a distance of 29 km. Tourists can easily avail bus or taxi services from the station.
Mount Abu is extensively connected to other major cities of India through an efficient roadway network. Various bus and taxi services are readily available for easier accessibility to tourists.
Like & follow us on our following official social media channels
Other Popular Trending Holiday Destinations in India – Kashmir Tour | Himachal Tour | Uttarakhand Tour | Rajasthan Tour | Gujarat Tour | Sikkim Tour | Kerala Tour | Andaman Tour | Madhya Pradesh Tour | North East Tours
Tour Packages by Interest – Adventure Packages | Wildlife Packages | Pilgrimage Packages | Heritage Packages | Hill Station Packages | Weekend Packages | Honeymoon Packages | Beach Packages | Chardham Packages | Trekking Packages
Other Interesting Rajasthan Travel Guide Blogs to Read
- Best Places to Visit in Jaipur Rajasthan
- Top Places to Explore in Jaisalmer Rajasthan
- Best Sightseeing Places in Jodhpur Rajasthan
- Ranthambore Jungle Safari Trip
- Ranthambore National Park Travel Guide
Other Interesting Destinations Travel Guide Blogs to Read
- Palolem Beach Goa Travel Guide
- Best Places to Visit in North East India Tour
- Munnar Tourism – Top Tourist Places & Things to Do
- Best Places to Visit in Chail Himachal Pradesh
- Alleppey Tourism- Best Places to Visit
- Top Places to Visit in Patnitop
- Best Places to Visit in Jammu and Kashmir
- Must Visit Waterfalls in Karnataka
- Best Places to Visit in Himachal Pradesh
- Best Places to Visit in Bhopal
- Shillong Meghalaya Tourism Information
Other Interesting India Travel Guide Blogs to Read
- Best Places to See Snowfall in India
- Best Hill Stations to Visit in India
- Best Honeymoon Destinations in India
- Best Winter Tourist Destinations in India
- Best Places to Visit in East India
- Top Places to Visit in North East India
- Best Beaches to Visit in India
- Pilgrimage Tourist Places in India
- Popular Heritage Tourist Places in India
- Top Tourist Destinations to Explore in India
Other Interesting Uttarakhand Travel Guide Blogs to Read
- Best Hill Stations to Visit in Uttarakhand
- Best Tourist Places in Rishikesh
- Chardham Yatra Travel Guide
- Best Places to Visit in Mussoorie
- Top Things to Do in Uttarakhand
- Best Places to Visit in Nainital
- Yamunotri Temple Information
- Gangotri Temple Information
- Badrinath Temple Information
- Kedarnath Temple Information
- Best Places to Visit in Harsil Valley
- Best Places to Visit in Uttarkashi
- Best Places to Visit in Haridwar
- Best Places to Visit in Chopta
Other Interesting Adventure & Trekking Travel Guide Blogs to Read
- Best Trekking Trails in Ladakh
- Best Trekking Places in Uttarakhand
- Panch Kailash Yatra Trek Information
- Best Trekking Places in Sikkim
- Top Adventure Tourism Sports in India
- Best Trekking Places in Himachal
- Best Winter Treks in India
- Best Treks in India Himalayas
- Top Summer Treks to Do in Uttarakhand
- Best Summer Treks in India
Other Interesting Wildlife Travel Guide Blogs to Read
- Best Jungle Safari Destinations in Madhya Pradesh
- Bandhavgarh National Park & Tiger Reserve
- How to Plan a Jungle Safari Trip to Ranthambore National Park?
- Famous National Parks of India
- Wildlife Tourism in India
- Best Places to Visit Near Kaziranga National Park
- Panna National Park & Tiger Reserve
- Jim Corbett National Park & Tiger Reserve
- Ranthambore National Park & Tiger Reserve
- Kaziranga National Park & Tiger Reserve Assam
- Kanha National Park & Tiger Reserve Madhya Pradesh
- Best National Parks to Visit in Summer Season in India